As I have written on the previous entry that we are having a new member earlier this month. His name is Yehuda. He is almost 15 months now.He was only 6 KG when Peggy brought him from Biak Island ( West Papua) when she visited her parents .It was so sad when Peggy brought him to the hospital and found out that the wasn’t any blood came oou from him when the doctor wanted to check his condition. Only after 3 days on a constant drips the doctor was finally able to get some blood sample from Yehuda. After the doctor told us that he is progressing well , Peggy brought him to our home in Jakarta for a day then flew off to Timor on the next day. Yehuda is ok now and staying with us at the orphanage. The only sad thing that we can not change is his blindness ( the doctor told us that they can not do anything with his eyes ). peggy and I have committed to learn about how to look after a blind child but any of you who are having the expertise about it , please share it with us. Anyway the orphanage is enjoying the cool weather till the end of August as it is being influenced by the Australian winter. Our morning in August will be around 18 degrees Celcius and the afternoon is around 25 to 28 degrees but with a very low humidity. So far we have confirmed that some friends will be with us over there duringf our August trip to the orphanage . At least 16 friends from Singapore and may be some more from Europe as well . JUst can not wait our own babequed of fish at the orphanage. We will be asking our friends to distribute some of the clothing that they have been helping us on collecting them as well as our usual activities on giving food , vitamins and wound treatment to the little 5 years old and below. It will be great with friends doing it together with us. A new airlines ( Trigana Airlines) has started to serve Kupang as their new destination. A pilot) friend ( Sastra) who is flying for that airlines has visited our orphanage during his long transit . The orphanage is only about 10 minutes from the airport. It was great when he came with his co pilot and stewardesses and seeing them playing with the children at the orphanage.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *